Feeling Lost & Directionless? The Core Wound of Purpose Explains WhySep 05, 2023
Have you ever found yourself lost in the busy-ness of life, wondering about your purpose and the mark you're meant to leave on the world? Have you ever felt a longing to transcend the mundane aspects of your day to day, knowing that you are here to make a unique contribution to the awakening of humanity but struggled with what it might be? You are not alone!
The number one question I see awakening starseeds, empaths & wayshowers struggling with is their sense of identity within a purpose.
Who am I?
What am I here to do?
What is the meaning of my existence?
In this blog post, I’m helping you to get clear on the signs and symptoms that you may be struggling with the core wound of purpose, and most importantly, how to heal it in order to unlock a life filled with meaning and fulfillment.
The True Nature of Purpose:
Purpose is your sense of contribution to the world. It's the thread that weaves through the fabric of your existence, connecting your actions, desires, and dreams to a greater, overarching goal. It's the answer to age-old questions like, "Why am I even here?" and "What am I supposed to be doing with my life?" When you have a clear sense of purpose, you understand the impact or legacy you're meant to share with others.
The pursuit of purpose is an integral part of the human experience. We all seek to belong to something greater than ourselves.
So then why are so many people struggling with it?
A core wound of purpose can show up as living somebody else’s life because that’s how you were told you’re meant to live, while overriding your own impulses often for lifetimes.
By ignoring your own impulses and intuitive hits and following what everybody else is doing, people never feel like what they're doing is ‘quite’ right or enough.
Signs You May Be Struggling with a Purpose Core Wound:
- Recurring Existential Questions: You may be pondering things like: "Am I on the right path?", which can become persistent echoes in your mind.
- The Trail of Unfinished Projects: If you find yourself always starting new projects with enthusiasm, only to abandon them halfway, this lack of follow-through could be a sign that your purpose is still obscured.
- The Multi-Passionate Dilemma: When you have many different interests without a common direction or correlation, it can leave you feeling scattered and lost.
- Judgment from Others: Constantly being judged for your perceived lack of commitment and follow-through can further wound your sense of purpose, making you doubt your own internal direction or abilities.
- Identity Clinging: Sometimes, we cling to old identities to prove others wrong or to avoid letting them down. This can keep us from exploring new paths and discovering our true purpose.
- Copying Others: Have you ever mimicked or copied someone else's purpose or life path simply because you admire them or the idea that they had all the answers felt like relief from the confusion?
- Pressure to Follow in Someone Else's Footsteps: External pressures to follow in the footsteps of a family member or mentor can create a false sense of purpose that is not uniquely aligned.
The Surprising Physical Symptoms That Often Accompany The Purpose Wound:
Your pursuit of purpose can take a toll on your physical well-being as well. When we tell ourselves I’m lost, I’m stuck, I’m purposeless, our body will create a set of symptoms that mimic these beliefs.
Here are some physical symptoms that may be indicative of a purpose core wound:
- Stubborn Health Issues: Persistent health problems that don't seem to improve no matter what type of treatment you seek could be a manifestation of your unresolved purpose wound.
- Mysterious Sensations: New and unsettling sensations that seem to appear out of nowhere might be your body's way of signaling that something deeper is amiss.
- Weight Gain and Inflammation: Unexplained sudden weight gain or chronic inflammation can be linked to unresolved emotional issues, including those related to your purpose.
- Fatigue and Sleep Troubles: Feeling constantly fatigued, lacking motivation, inner spark and even sporting dark circles under your eyes, or experiencing difficulty sleeping may resemble an inner disconnect from your purpose and lack of fulfillment.
Healing the Purpose Core Wound:
I lovingly want to reassure you that no, you’re not alone. Nor are you destined to forever hold onto this core wound! Healing your purpose wound is an important milestone that we reach as we learn to separate self vs. non-self. This means looking at all the ways you have been acting out or taking on the roles that other people have projected onto you and your future.
You’re also going to want to look at all the ways you have been buying certain things that spiritual gurus, leaders & mentors have told you that you have to do and seeing which one’s actually align with your true nature and with soul.
When you do, you'll find yourself on a path where the question isn't "Why am I here?" but "How can it get even better than this?"
Are you curious to know which of the 5 core wounds of Humanity is standing in the way of your freedom? I’ve channeled a quiz specifically for that!
Take my FREE quiz here!
Do you want to know how to actually heal this and the other Core Wounds for good?
Then grab your seat at the Free 3-Part Masterclass, where you will learn my signature Rapid Clearing Technique and how to find the core root of any issue and begin unwinding it with confidence, intention, and purpose.